Privacy & Cookies Policy
Wrights Hose Clips Ltd (Wrights Auto Supplies) are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
Information we collect when you open an account
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. You will need to set up an account before ordering from us, so we can set this up we will ask you to provide some personal information:
- full name
- contact numbers
- email address
As an existing customer if you have shopped with us paying by credit card, debit card, or pay pal or we have taken these details for a payment authorisation, we do not keep this information.
How your information is used
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your order.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of us in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to Third Party’s to delivery your order.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes or accounting purposes.
Who we share your information with
We do not share your information with any companies other than to take a payment or deliver your goods.
In order for you to receive your goods, we work with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items
We use trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments. Currently we use World Pay and Pay Pal.
Your personal information how long do we keep it?
The length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under law.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after that date it is no longer needed. The only exceptions to this are when:
- you exercise your right to have the information erased
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period or delete it sooner
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible
- Existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data, request that your personal data is erased or amended and request access to your personal data.
You are entitled to request the following from Wrights Hose Clips Ltd (Wrights Auto Supplies), these are called your Data Subject Rights.
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Right to close your account – your personal information to be erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
For more information, please contact us using the contact details section in our website. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data there is more information on the ICO’s website www.ico.org.uk
What are cookies? How does Wrights Hose Clips Ltd (Wrights Auto Supplies) use them? Including the choices you have in how they are used.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit www.wrightsautosupplies.co.uk This allows www.wrightsautosupplies.co.uk to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (session cookie) or for repeat visits (persistent cookie). They are not harmful and do not contain any personal information. The information stored in cookies is safe & anonymous to all external third parties, your account security is extremely important to us and is never compromised.
There are different types of cookies used by Wrights Hose Clips Ltd (Wrights Auto Supplies) see below for which we use and how we use them:
Web analytics services help us understand how people use our website. Examples of this are to identify when errors occur, or see which parts of the website or products are or are not performing.
Functionality/ Personalization Cookies
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make. The information these cookies collect is anonymous meaning we are unable to identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling or advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
These cookies track visitors across websites, their intention is to display online advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests.
Strictly Functional Cookies
These cookies make a website useable and are essential in helping you to move around our site and use its features Such as accessing secure areas like, setting up an account, securely signing in to your account or adding items to your basket and remembering the contents for when you are ready to checkout or to make purchases and payments.
Cookies Your Choices
You can change your cookie settings (to disable cookies, consult the “Help” tab on your menu bar) you can amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
Our Cookies Policy explains how we at Wrights Hose Clips Ltd (Wrights Auto Supplies) collect data from your computer, mobile or other device when using our website. We reserve the right to update this Cookies Policy at any time but won’t send communications regarding minor changes, so we will only provide you with an updated Cookies Policy when we make changes to cookies that we need you to know about and agree to. The latest Cookies Policy with any other updates will always be available on our website for you to check.
The description and specification of products in the website is only approximate and we reserve the right to make changes which do not materially affect the quality or performance of those products.
We may correct any error appearing in the website or withdraw any product from sale without incurring liability. Price and availability is also subject to change without notice.
The products advertised in the Web Site are intended for sale to persons dealing as consumers and are not for re-sale.
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to any contract between us, so that no contractual rights are conferred on third parties.
Any contract between us shall incorporate these terms and conditions and be under English law. If there is any dispute, the English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction.